Written by: maeta2017
Once you are at home after being in an outpatient surgery center, it is time to focus on critical aspects of recovery such as allowing the surgical part to heal correctly. Having a good night’s sleep and eating healthy food is an essential thing for successful healing. Additionally, you should follow exercise instructions as prescribed by the surgeon. The extra effort that you make makes the recovering process less painful and quicker. Within a few days, you can be back to doing normal activities.
The best advice is to strictly follow instructions provided by the surgeon for speedy and safe recovery. However, while at home you may be tempted to pick or lift objects. After surgery, there are safety tips for each type of surgery that you should follow to avoid hurting yourself. The following are safety tips to follow while lifting objects:
The best method to lift objects is as follows:
• Ensure that you stand close to the object you intend to lift. Make your feet firmly planted and wide apart.
• Bend the knees and make sure that your back is straight.
• Ensure that you have a safety grip on the object and keep it close to the feet as much as possible.
• Lift the object very slowly. Make the back straight and avoid twisting the whole body.
• When you are standing upright, shift the feet when you want to turn without jerking the body.
The best way to lift or pick the load is as follows:
• Do not lift objects with the arm or hand that underwent surgery.
• Do not lift the load that is more than 10 pounds.
• Do not lean on the arm while lifting objects or put weight on it.
• Ensure that an object is not close to the stomach by pushing it with the arm or hand.
• Ensure that your elbow is firm before reaching anything.
The essential tips are as follows:
• Put both legs straight then position one leg behind the other one.
• Bend the back at 90 degrees without twisting the whole body.
• Do not bend the body while reaching objects that are low such as a low cupboard. Use a device as much as possible.
The following are important safety tips:
• Use effective support like a table or countertop when bending or trying to lift objects on low grounds.
• The reaching device will help decrease the strain in the body at the back while picking objects on the floor.
• Do not hold or carry any object with your hand while using crutches or walkers.
• Use a roller cart to push heavy, breakable or hot objects.
• Do not strain too much to reach objects that are too far. Slide objects across a table or countertop instead.
Opting for surgery is a critical decision. Besides the above safety tips, your effort to exercise is also a way to fast recovery. You must make time for walking around your home. Walking will assist in building endurance and strength. Additionally, you should be careful in the kitchen or bathroom because these places tend to be slippery. You should also refrain from heavy lifting. Consider hiring an affordable moving company in Philly to handle the heavier loads for you if relocating to a new home.